We all know how popular and important photo-sharing apps have become in our lives. The snapshots include times when we want to keep up with other snapshots and let them know what’s going on. Not sharing snapshots when we eat in a fancy restaurant is not an option.
One of the most obvious questions is how to take screenshots without them knowing. We are here to do just that. In the following, I will explain the method of taking screenshots without telling anyone, as well as some sneaky tasks you might want to do.
How To Take Screenshots On Snapchat Without Them Knowing? (Android and iOS)
1. Using the in-build screen recorder
Another simple screenshot hack is to use the built-in screen recorder, which is available for both Android and iOS.
Android 11 users can find it in Quick Settings.
- Swipe down on the screen to access the notification box.
- Swipe down again to get to the Quick Settings panel.
- When you swipe down from the Quick Preferences bar, you will see the screen capture icon.
- Tap the Record Screen icon to get started.
You can take screenshots from Snapchat Stories and video recordings.
On iOS, there is a built-in screen capture feature to help you do that. You can activate it from the Control Center by tapping the option.
- Go to Settings and find the Control Center option.
- Tap it and select Customize Control Options.
- Follow the Add Screen Recorder option and you’re done.
2. Using a screen recorder app
For clarity, check out our list of the best screen recorders and download the one you like. You can also install a screen recorder app for Android from the various available in the Google Play Store.
3. Using Google Assistant for Android devices
This one has no way to store screenshots in your gallery, but you have the option to share them on other platforms. Another hack to get screenshots on Android is using Google Assistant. Access Google Assistant by pressing the Home button, which is as simple as Google Now.
- Open the snap you want to save for your gallery.
- Call out to Google Assistant by either long-pressing the home button or with a simple “OK, Google.”
- Ask the digital assistant to take a screenshot verbally or by typing and the work gets done without anyone knowing about it.
4. Using airplane mode
This method is simple and does not require much.
- Open Snapchat to make sure all the snaps are loaded (don’t view them though!)
- Now, turn off Wi-fi, mobile data, and even Bluetooth. After this, turn on the airplane mode.
- Once you have ensured that your device doesn’t have internet connectivity, just open up Snapchat.
- Just open the Snap you want to take a screenshot of, take a screenshot, and it is done. After 30 seconds or a minute, turn on your internet connection and no one will know what you just did.
5. Using third-party apps
Similar to how third-party apps store WhatsApp’s status, they store Snapchat without people knowing. There are various apps that do this, such as SnapSaver for Android and Sneakaboo for iOS, but the simple step is the same. You can download it from the Google Play Store.
For this, you just have to download the app and open it.
- Now, you have to select from the desired options (Screenshot, Screen Recording, Burst Screenshot, and Integrated) and head to Snapchat.
- Open the required snap that you want to save, tap on the SnapSaver camera icon that will appear on your screen, and a screenshot will be taken without the person getting notified about it.
You need to install the app in the app and log in with your Snapchat login details. Then you can take a video with Snapchat Video with your smartphone and take a photo with Snapchat Image. There is another way to take a screenshot of Snapchat Stories without the other user’s knowledge. When new Snapchat Stories appear in the app, you can take their screenshots while they’re playing. This notifies you not only about the screenshot but also about your work.
6. Recording using another smartphone
This is another way to screenshot a Snapchat story without them knowing. You just have to use another smartphone to record a video of a Snapchat video or take a picture of a Snapchat image.
Following this, you can edit the photo or the video taken and can finally keep a copy of others’ Snapchat Stories and they won’t even know of it.
7. Using the Mirror feature on Android
You can use screen mirroring to access your smartphone’s settings so that your device can be transferred to an external device such as a Smart TV. Once that’s done, you can open Snapchat and use another device to take your video or photo. Follow how to edit the photo or video and keep a copy of the story of others you don’t know and can’t keep. With a few edits, you move into a different story, and they won’t even know it’s there. This Snapchat screenshot hack requires some work.
How To Screenshot Snapchat Without Them Knowing? (Mac)
There is a simple trick to get a screenshot without anyone knowing.
- All you need to do is plug in your iPhone or MacBook and open the Quicktime Player app. You can then activate QuickTime Screen Capture to execute the screenshot.
- Tap the File option and then the New Movie Recording option.
- Choose from the various recording options available, then select your iPhone movie to record, and the output will help you mirror your iPhone and Mac.
- Once the setup is complete, you can click the Record button to open, and you will be able to send Snapchat notifications via screenshot.
Take Screenshot On Snapchat Without Them Knowing In Easy Steps
I hope the simple hack mentioned above will help you take screenshots without the other person knowing about it. Let me remind you that we do not support this practice, as it is cruel and does not intend to be fun. It is possible to take Snapchat screenshots with a Windows PC, but to do so you need to install the Android emulator and run the Snapchat app on a PC.
Can you tell if someone screenshots your snapchat?
You have to make sure you respect each other’s privacy and don’t cross boundaries. Inform users before taking screenshots of their snapshots. You can also tell who can take your Snapchat screenshot.
Is it illegal to screenshot a Snapchat story?
There are many ways to take screenshots of others without knowing it. It’s not illegal to take a screenshot on Snapchat Stories. However, it is illegal to take a screenshot of a Snapchat story. Make sure that there is a good reason to take a screenshot of another person.